Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Friday, April 30, 2010

VIDEO PREMIERE: "Not Myself Tonight" - Christina Aguilera


So I get home tonight only to see the world that is Twitter going off about this new Christina Aguilera video for her single "Not Myself Tonight". Let me start by saying that I think this woman is one of the most innovative and amazingly talented artists of our generation. And I use the word artist at the highest level. HOWEVER, I am not too fond of this video. Something in me is saying it's...too much? I don' t know. The video has already been compared to something Lady Gaga would do, I don't see that. I think it's very reminiscent of Madonna in her early years. 

Christina is truly an icon in her own right and her creativity has always been off the chart but it was just too much for me. I will say that from album to album and from video to video you can see consistent progress. You definitely always see her pushing herself further and doing more, which I respect 100%. But I don't love the video. Simple as that. Maybe it'll grow on me, much like the song had to but I doubt it. 

But I love her and I respect her. I'm a major fan so with that being said..Check out the video below and let me know what you think!!




No comments:

Post a Comment