Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Things People Will Deal With For Love?

I've been single for what seems like forever and someday's I'm okay with that and other days, not so much. However, recently many of my friends have entered new relationships or are rekindling old ones and I've noticed the same issues with ALL of them! Each and every single one of them is dealing with ridiculous amounts of bullshit to maintain these relationships. Why?! Why are you dealing with this man treating you like hell? Why are you dealing with this man talking to you like he runs you? For what?! Is your relationship really worth your dignity? Is your relationship really worth you sacrificing the person that you are?

I just don't get it. And some of them have said to me "well you don't understand cause you're single"..you're right!! I don't understand and that is the reason I am single because I will NEVER deal with that mess! I've done it before...at this phase in my life I can't tolerate anyone else's mess regardless of whether I love you or not. If I don't feel like I'm being treated in a way that is beneficial to me or is equating what I'm giving, it's a wrap! I'm done with the situation and there is absolutely no looking back. 

For instance, I recently severed all ties with an ex who I'd been dealing with for about 5 years. We played the friends role, then more recently we acted like we might get back together..all the nonsense. Then one day he put me in a really uncomfortable position that made me ask myself the same questions I've been asking my friends. Are you really about to continue to deal with this mans ridiculousness? Hell no!! So with that being said, I wished him the best and made it clear that our presence in each others lives would no longer be. 

As I said, I'm just at a point in my life where I'm focusing on myself and dealing with other peoples negativity and unnecessary baggage isn't something I need. And now people are asking me if I miss him...if I'm sad...If we'll ever be friends again. No I don't miss him. No I'm not sad. I'm fine! I hope he can understand where I'm coming from and accept that as is. Who knows what will happen in the future, if we're meant to be a part of each others lives we will be. But right now, that's not an option as far as I'm concerned. 

But you know what, now that I've just said that I think about another situation I'm in right now. I was dealing with this guy Anthony a while back and I was kinda a asshole to him. I think I gave him the same bullshit I've seen my friends dealing with. The unneccsary drama and all that. I was really messed up about a relationship I had just gotten out of and I took it out on him. So obviously he decided he didn't wanna deal with the mess anymore and we stopped dealing with each other. He started dating someone else and I then realized just how bad I messed up. (don't know what you got until it's gone right?) I started seeing how seemingly happy they were (twitter is the devil) and realized that could have been us. Anyway they broke up and I tried to kinda get back in the picture wit him and to be quite frank..he wasn't having it. LOL. I was hurting over it because my feelings for him are genuine so I'm still hurt about it but just like my ex had to accept that I couldnt  deal with his stuff, I guess I gotta accept that Anthony is in a place in his life where he doesnt feel like he can or wants to deal with mine. **tears** 

But the point is, everyone has their boundaries and limits...people will deal with alot when it comes to love but you gotta be careful with that because there's gonna be and NEEDS to be a point when you realize you gotta do what you gotta do for YOU. And you'll either end up losing something that could have been PERFECT such as my situation with Anthony or you'll end up losing yourself because you dealt with entirely TOO much! There has to be a BALANCE!!!!!!!! Think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment