Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Willow Smith Signs To Roc Nation?




Yesterday I posted via Facebook a link to Willow Smith's (Daughter of Will and my boo Jada!) debut single "Whip My Hair", personally I LOVE LOVE LOVE the song! I think it's so cute. It's fun and catchy. So I was hooked. But today I find out she's officially been signed to Jay-Z's Roc Naton label. Hello? That's MAJOR! Major! Jay went on to say 

"It’s rare to find an artist with such innate talent and creativity at such a young age. Willow is about to embark on an incredible journey and we look forward to joining her as she grows in all aspects of her career.”

To be acknowledged by Jay-Z in such a way is a big deal because lets face it, he is an amazing artist and even though I can't stand her, look at what he did for Rihanna...even though she shouldn't be, she's a superstar. So imagine what he could do with Willow who actually has some sort of VOCAL ABILITY! 

But I've been hearing a bunch of people talk about, well she's 9! So what!!! Susan Boyle was 46 when she debuted and she sold how many records? Age means nothing, if you got a hit, you got a hit! Whip My Hair has potential to lead to a hit. It's something that's gonna have you notice her. My twitter timeline is full of Willow Smith comments so umm, she must be doing something right! People are saying she's being forced into music. Highly unlikely. Will and Jada seem to be very open when it comes to allowing their children to select their own path and I doubt they are gonna let anyone put their kids in positions in which they don't need to be so this little girl is gonna be okay! 

In the meantime, check out the song and let me know what you think!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment