Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Thursday, January 14, 2010

To Those Who Wanna Know What's Going On.....

Hey Guys,
I know alot of you have been following my status updates on facebook and I've gotten quite a few messages and calls asking what's wrong so I just wanted to address the situation while I had a little time.

Without giving too much detail, the situation is this. Someone very close to my heart is currently in the hospital being treated for a extremely severe illness. I've been back and forth to the hospital for the last few days to be with them so if you've texted, called, emailed etc. and I haven't responded, it's not because I'm being rude or dismissive, I've just been really trying to deal with all that's going on and be supportive to this person.

Here's where I stand right now though:
I have a overwhelming amount of love coming from family and friends. Family who I honestly haven't had much of a relationship with for most of my life have become a major part of my life in such a short time and I'm forever grateful for that. I am surrounded by positivity and strength. Their strength gives me strength. In addition to that, I've noted these two people before, but my two best friends Matthew and Tiffany have been my steady support system through this all. With daily encouragement and positive wishes, I find solace in them whenever I need it. Whether I need to vent, cry, laugh or just take a break from everything, I know I can always depend on them to be by my side.

It's such a tough time because I've never been in a position where I had to deal with the thought of losing someone I love so unconditionally. To know that someone I would quickly give my life for is so passionately fighting for their own hurts my heart to extent I never believed possible. But I am trying my best to stay strong and optimistic. I will say it's hard though.

On a different note though, and you all know I wouldn't be the person I am if I didn't say this, I must admit I'm  a bit upset. Pissed...beyond pissed actually. It's so absolutely ridiculous how very immature and petty some people can be. Very few people know the actual details of the situation, and those people know because these are people I have trusted a great deal and I'm rather annoyed that due to a disagreement or difference in words,  there are people who wouldn't even think to at least say "Hey, how are you feeling?". Regardless of how you feel about someone at that moment, when you call yourself a "friend", when they are hurting I would think you'd at least lend some sort of support. It just astonishes me. It really makes me reevaluate the people I   bring into my life.

With that being said, I want to thank everyone who took the time to send words of encouragement and support. None of it goes unnoticed or unappreciated. I love you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment