Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Thursday, November 5, 2009

ALBUM REVIEW: Amerie - "In Love & War"



Amerie's third studio release (in the U.S anyway) "In Love & War" dropped yesterday. I've had the cd for about two weeks now and I've been really torn about how I felt about it. I've listened to it over and over again everyday since the first listen but I just couldn't figure it out. I've come to the conclusion that it's a pretty solid album. It takes a while to grow on you and you definitely have to be a Amerie fan to truly grasp and appreciate the direction in which she chose to go with this one.


                                              

Anyone who heard her actual third album "Because I Love It" will quickly realize how similar 'Love & War' is to it. Many of the same beats and a few of the same lines. Which to me was a shame because I'm always looking to see where she goes lyrically. However I think she accomplished her goal with this one. It's a true break-up album! Anyone who is going through hard times in a relationship or trying to get over an ex, this album will surely do it!

Check It Out! (Right Click To Open In New Window)

With songs like my personal favorites "Swag Back", in which Amerie talks about being in a positive place after ending a relationship and being able to move forward and get over all the tears and heartache, As well as "Dangerous", where she's talking about being involved with someone and being so into them that it's a bit risky! Some people were telling me they were feeling her track "Red Eye"...I on the other hand....not so much. It's kinda boring to me. I couldn't even tell you what she was talking about.

Overall, I like the album. It's not my favorite piece of work by Amerie. I prefer the "All I Have" album above it all. Her work with Rich Harrison was amazing. I know alot of people are hoping they get back together soon, and from what I hear that might be happening in the near future! Anyway, I'd say definitely go buy this album. It'll be worth the 10 or 15 bucks when the relationship is in a sour place and you need something to keep your head up!



No comments:

Post a Comment