Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Really Though?

Okay so I've always been the friend that everyone comes to when they have issues. No matter what it is, everyone knows they can come talk to me and I'll be there to listen and give advice etc. I love that. I love that my friends trust me enough to confide in me. I think that's one of the things I'm most proud of about myself. I'm a damn good friend. Period. I bend over backwards all the time to make sure my friends are happy because that's how seriously I take the word. It's like "love"...I'm not gonna tell some random person I love them if I don't mean it, just like I'm not gonna call just anyone a "friend". I take it very seriously.

So with that being said, I'm really feeling some type of way tonight because tonight was the second time this week that I've been snapped for trying to be a friend and show that I care. Tonight had me really upset because this particular friend is one that truly means  a lot to me and I value their friendship to a pretty high level. But I'll get to that later. Earlier this week, I hit up one of my friends like "Hey, how are you feeling? I haven't heard from you...", the response i got was "Ummm aren't you friends with _____".
WHOA!!! WHAT?!?
Now me and this person have been friends for YEARS and I've always been there for him through any and everything he's been through. Stuck by him when no one else would and you're telling me you haven't spoken to me because you aren't fond of my involvement with someone else? Huh?
I could see if my relationship with this person was taking away from you and I was neglecting one for the other, but I STILL hit you up regularly and ask if you're okay and all the normal stuff so our friendship hasn't changed but because I've begun a friendship with someone else, you now have an attitude with me and can't return my calls?!

Then tonight, I'm speaking to another friend of mine for the first time in a few days...just trying to see whats going on and see how they are along with some other things. The majority of the conversation was cool...some things were cleared up and we were straight. That is until, I reiterated a statement that I assume they didn't feel as though I should have....so they snap! All of a sudden I'm gettin cussed at....obviously I don't really understand why this is happening so in my mind i'm like "WTF just happened...." soo i update my facebook status with the same message "WTF just happened..." to which they respond something along the lines of "Here we go with the status updates.....blah blah blah" as if what I said was some kind of attack against them.
At any rate...I leave and go out for a minute and while im out I call my sister and tell her what happened and I'm like "Yo it ain't even that serious, I'll probably call him tomorrow and try to clear the air once things kinda settle down cause I don't like the way this all happened...", damn if i don't get home and see that he's pretty much tried to clown me to a former friend of mine. (FACEBOOK IS KINDA THE DEVIL IN SOME WAYS! LOL) The chick said somethin like "they need to grow up" to which he responded  "Ya peoples was like that before I came onto the scene..."
REALLY THOUGH! That's how you view me? We've been through all that we have and now you're trying to play me like I'm some immature kid? I've done everything I could to be the best friend to you that I could and now because you're mad you wanna take digs at me?! I won't even lie...that shit HURT! Because as i said before, I really do value this person and their friendship so for them to put me out there was kinda foul to me. Once again...realize that I take friendship very seriously.

All this because I was trying to communicate and work things out and even after it went down I was STILL trying to work things out.........this shit makes no sense to me!

What should I do yall? I'm not one to hold grudges but I will say that the way all this went down kinda hurts so should I try to talk to them and work things out or wait for them to come to me????

1 comment:

  1. My great great grand mother, the actress Bette Davis once said,

    "It has been my experience that one cannot, in any shape or form, depend on human relations for lasting reward. It is only work that truly satisfies."

    She also said Its not that certain people do not add anything wonderful to your life but you can not depend on their relations for the sole fulfillment or definition of life. Please take this information, shake the dead weight off and move on. You are so grea and have a lot to offer to someone else whom, can genuinely appreciate your love for its entire being!


    I love your blog and keep blogging.Ill be here sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete