Banner created with MyBannerMaker.com

Friday, November 6, 2009

Rihanna on 20/20





Okay, so as I'm sure millions of people just witnessed, Rihanna FINALLY spoke out on the Pre-Grammy situation that occurred between her and Chris Brown. I don't really care for the situation anymore and as anyone who has read previous posts knows, I am a total Chris Brown supporter but I will give my opinions since everyone else is. Lol.

A lot of people that I spoke with as the interview was being aired felt like Rihanna was lying on Chris. Personally, I don't believe that. I do believe she was being honest in what she was saying. There were times where her story didn't really line up so I do believe she might have altered things a bit more for her benefit. There were moments where body language just kinda seemed like she was only agreeing with Diane Sawyer was saying just because it worked in her favor. But for the most part I do believe she was being honest. I actually commend her for not blasting Chris as badly as she could have. She handled herself in a very mature way which makes me somewhat respect her again.

According to Rihanna, the incident was the first time Chris had actually hit her and as most of us knew already it was caused by a verbal argument over a text message from one of Chris former girlfriends. Many times she stated that she just wished it would stop and that it seemed as if Chris had blacked out during the entire episode which from what I know about domestic violence, that seems to be typical for the abuser to blackout.

Was she at fault? No. As much as I dislike Rihanna and I'll get to that in a moment, I would never say a victim of domestic violence is at fault. Whether its a man/woman or a man/man or whatever the case may be, within a romantic relationship there is absolutely NO reason for physical violence. There's no reason for it to escalate to that point. So i will not say she was at fault and I do agree with her in saying that Chris needs to "grow up" and "accept responsibility as a MAN".

I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible because I am a fan of Chris and not so much one of Rihanna. I'll tell anyone anyday, I think she should get hit by a bus. But one thing that did really upset me about what she said when the topic of her going back to him was that she ultimately ended the relationship once she realized the effect she had on many of this generations young women. That pissed me off and THIS is why I don't bang with Rihanna anymore. I feel like for her to say she is held at such a high standard that she chose not go back to Chris because of how much girls looked up to her and then to still walk around in damn near NO clothing...it's very hypocritical to me. I am NOT a fan of her image, I believe it to be extremely trashy and inappropriate. I for one would not want my sister to look up to  Rihanna as a role model. When she first came out, I loved her! The album "A Girl Like Me" was my ish! But as of late, I lost major respect for her. I still enjoy her music from time to time but as a whole, I can't say I'm big on the girl.

Was this a publicity stunt? More than likely. But it was smart. VERY smart. Everyone knew she would say something sooner or later and what a better time than two weeks before your album comes out when everyone wants to hear what you have to say. She didn't really say anything more than what we already knew....therefore, we'd go buy her album to see if it reveals anything else...it was smart in terms of marketing, BUT i'm STILL on Team Chris! SORRY! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment